• show-popup

Product / Service Faulty Water Heater
Location Mississauga, Ontario
Category Utility
Views 45

Bad Customer Service on the phone and billing us even we don't even have any service from them anymore.

I called in Direct Energy Ontario in March 3 times about the Remove the Water Heater tank from my house. The representatives mentioned the Billing will stop as soon as we drop off the Water Heater tank in the Drop off Stations. So we did on March 29th, 2010 and we received the Removal number.
I still received the Billing from Direct Energy in April. I called and the representative told me it will take 2 or 3 billing cycles. I should still pay the bills, which I did until August Bill.
I called in August 20, 2010 3:30PM, the representative; "Kennel" answered my call. But I was on hold for 20 minutes. He said he was trying to call other department for this issue. At the end, he said he will call me back and I gave him my contact number. I NEVER HEAR FROM HIM.

I called back on August, 23, 2010 11:35 PM, the representative; "John" answered my call. He confirmed that I should get the refunded back. I was happy about that. But I forgot to check the refunded amount.

I called back on same day at 12:19 PM, the representative; "Ashley" answered my call. She gave me the total amount $95.03. But it was not the right amount. I asked her to give me the break down and she refused to do so. She said it was the system calculated and she couldn't give me the break down but just the period – April 16, 2010 to August 23, 2010.
I mentioned it should start from March 29th, 2010. She said they got the Water Heater tank from the Drop off station until April 16th, 2010. It was not my problem when your internal transfer the tank. It was in your company place and I got the confirmation on March 29th, 2010, you had the tank. I asked for the Supervisor and I got the run-around statement – "No Supervisor right now, he/she will call back you in 72 hours". (NEVER HEAR FROM ANYONE!). I asked that what happen if no one calls back. She said call back here again! I bet Ashley never put my request for Supervisor, just like the first time – no one call me back.

I asked what about my last Friday's call. She said no one record any call back from last Friday and no one called "Kennel" in the term.

I paid $22.99 + GST in past April/May/June and HST on July and August in full. I don't get all my money back. It is crazy. Don't ever trust them when they ask you to pay first and they will pay you back - WITH LESS THEN YOU PAID THEM for no service at all.
2d8ee54

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 10, 2010
I'm suffering the same thing right now. Old tank was returned May 4th and it's now December and I'm STILL being billed. DirectEnergy gives me email addresses that bounce, fax numbers that they claim never receive the fax that I have now sent 3 times!
Reply to Andrea

Read next Direct Energy complaint

Stole My Children's Christmas

I have a child autism and another with delayed learning.I paid my bill online and forgot to get a co...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Direct Energy.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug