This so called sales rep from direct energy came to my door and promised a cheaper rate with no charges.Free Free Free.

I let him go about and when he left i got a phone call which i told them they were a scam and if he shows up im going to smash in his face. I called the cops and they actually rushed to my house in less than five minutes. According to them this company was a scam and had no permit to sell door to door. She was going to patrol the area to pick him up.

Im glad i did not sign up or answer the scam questions.Do Not let these people lie to you they are cons.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322048
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

Waterford Township, Michigan, United States #706720

Waterford, MI Direct Energy complaint. Not sure when you posted. Summer 2012 multiple people contacted both the Township Clerk and the Waterford Police to tell them they suspected Direct Energy door-to-door sales people, something was wrong. In at least three cases the township offices and the police said there was nothing that could be done. This company had the right to go door-to-door and there was no law or ordinance prohibiting it.

Several weeks later Direct Energy was canvassing Keego Harbor and residents there were similarly suspicious and called the police who immediately responded. The police said that 2 of the 3 canvassers had warrants for their arrest and the third had similar run with the law and they took him in also. GREAT.

So how come Summer of 2012 Waterford Police can't be bothered? These Direct Energy people were all over the township and residents told the police something was amiss. If someone is prowling the township arousing suspicions - the police should of followed up. Ya got to give the Keego Harbor police credit, they don't ever assume anyone is innocent.