Where do I begin with this company... I joined their company for electrical reasons only at the beginning of December, half way through December I miss a call from them.

So I call back and they can't find my account anywhere on file... The guy on the phone YELLS at me when I was just trying to ask how I can't be on file, yet they just called me? So they reset up my electrical account and the next call I get is from a debt collector on behalf of direct energy and I've paid all my electrical bills/deposit with them (even though they were sending the bills to my neighbours address... Had to call them back and correct them again) The debt collectors then state i owe them money for gas, for another apartment in my building.

For BEFORE (two months) before I even signed up with company or lived in this building where gas/heating Is FREE. Needless to say I've since left and have joined just energy, and they are amazing.

All of this happened within two months of being with the company... And it's been about six months and I'm still fighting with them to get my damage deposit back, STAY AWAY from direct energy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Direct Energy Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Sep 26, 2016.

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1320906
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good afternoon, we are very sorry to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy. We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if has yet to be addressed.

Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day. -Rose