I had the same experience.I called them a year ago when I got an increase notice.

The representative I spoke advised me what plan to go with to remain on "budget billing" which is what I was always on with NYSEG Solutions. I got a letter a few months ago that said my rates were going up several hundred dollars per month due to them underbilling me. When I called the representative said that because I didn't sign a "Contract" with them, they switched me to a variable rate which is higher. So for the past year they billed me at a higher rate without my knowledge, and after I followed their instructions.

They are saying that I owe close to $2000.00 Are they people insane. I've talked with to many people who are experiencing the same issue.

I filed a PSC complaint.I cannot pay this.

Review about: Direct Energy Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1320677
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!First, we want to apologize for the delay in response and the negative experience you have had with Direct Energy.

We would like the opportunity to look in to your account and see if there is anything we can do to assist you. Please reach out to us with name, your account number, and mailing/service address at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com.

Thank you and have a great day!-Rose