Direct energy has like they did with their customers and water heater contracts, now imposed new terms and conditions on their employees, putting them out on strike.

they are asking for 25% claw back in wages, and more shifts that will take them from their families, and forced overtime.

This company is turing in to a bully and trying to push everyone around. Labour laws are ignored and legal procedures are ignored. This company needs to be shown that we can not be pushed around as Canadians. go back to Britain if you want to be dictators.

The workers are on the picket line now and the company is using unskilled contractors to work on your gas equipment. do not let a contractor in your house. Ask to see their certificate that shows at least a bear minimum of a G2 Gasfitter 2 licence

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322118
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

Madoc, Ontario, Canada #926028

I hope it is true that Direct Energy has lots of unhappy employees. They sure have lots of unhappy customers! If the employees start giving them trouble, maybe they will finally go out of business and people can stop being scammed by this terrible company.

the online link doesn't work, in fact, it doesn't seem like it's an actual 'link' for direct energy, as if its been hacked or tampered with.On top of that, the automated phone number for payments doesn't work, no supervisor on staff and my lights are off?

no sense of urgency on behalf of direct energy.seems like the bigger a company gets, the less they care about customers.

Of all the other hvac companies out there and I hate to think how many there are, you mean to say only D E people are qualified.Please, don't take people for *** because that's what it seems you are trying to convey.

I've had the opportunity to deal with both your company people and contractors. Unfortunately, the contractor gave me more clarification of my problem then your tech did. Sorry, but that's my experience. That was a few years ago, equipment still working fine.

Tech didn't really want to address the problem, just wanted to replace, I understand up-selling, but really!!Have referred the contractor to many others since that time.

Been at this for 20 years,part of having to start over was taking up this trade.Have a G-1, in good standing, have A/C ticket, sheet metal ticket, what else do you want to know.

Have had more experience than I care to think about. Have seen and done it all.

So, I do know what I'm talking about.Goes back to my original post, a wage loss never killed anybody.

Cmon guy , sucks that u lost a 75k yr job for whatever reason , how long you been at this trade and lic ?

I have a question for all those bashing the contractors, if I'm not mistaken, on Monday before the strike was called we were out there cleaning up messes left my DE techs, not a problem, we're used to it. Yet on Tuesday we are the *** of the earth. Can't quite fathom that one. Is your beef about the reduction in wages or the contractors. Please explain that one. It's either one issue or the other.

Contractors are there to pick up calls after 2 p.m. that union fellas won't do, and yes, we even stay out till late at night and imagine that, our own family life is being harmed, BUT, our guys know that coming in with us and they are of the mind that at least they have a job and it's keeping a roof over their heads and food on the table. Some have taken up this job as a change of life career, yes making much less money, but like anyone else who has lost everything, you re-adjust. Personally, lost a 75K per year job, in my math, that equates to 100% loss, so the 25% thereabouts is not critical. Adjustments had to be made, found something at minimum wage and started over. Oh, by the way, wasn't a young person with all the time in the world to build a new career. This all happened after 40.

The world around us has changed, look around, listen to news of the world. Be thankful for what you have, some of which may be taken away, but remind yourself, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

If the powers that be have received bonuses and...

Just my humble opinion, but I am entitled to it

'

I believe all employees were very proud to be representing DE.Yes things were good.

We had a good life and were able to provide for our families. We want to go back to work for DE. Unfortunitly it seems like the members were forgotten when all these fanatic changes were being worked out.

We feel betrayed and we are all suffering.We are fighting for our rights!

Wow. If the company is soooo bad and sooo evil why don't you just quit?

what a place