Direct Energy False advertising

Received an offer stating that I would receive 25000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy. Called several times to confirm the offer. Each time the representative said yes. I then cancelled my agreement with Reliant and went with Direct Energy Home Services.

After waiting 3 months I called to see what has happened. Direct energy said that I am not eligible for this offer but gave no reason. I have tried several times to collect on this offer but they keep saying no.

I have attached a scan of the advertisement if anyone is in the same boat as I am. This is a direct fraudulent advertisement that should not be allowed for any business to do.

If you say you are going to do something then honour the agreement.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Liers

Reason of review:
Preferred solution:
Just deliver on the promise
Monetary loss:
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Feb 02, 2015 #940195

U wait 3 months why..... doesnt make since if that ps the reason u switched why u wait 93 days and hope they give it to u.....why not call after a month

Mar 15, 2015 #958800 Burlington, Ontario

I did call but they told me that I had to wait 90 days from contract date to receive them. You must work for direct energy eh?

May 04, 2015 #979931

hey Daniel...I am having the same problem. Have you received your points yet?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Direct Energy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Direct Energy.
Filing a new complaint about