Cardinal, Ontario
Resolved
2.3

I received an offer in the mail 8 months ago approximately early October 2014 stating that I would receive 25,000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy, about the same time our electric water heater needed replacing.Called Direct Energy to confirm the offer and the representative said yes the offer for 25,000 would apply to our order/ contract so I booked the order.

The Representative said I would have the miles applied to my Aeroplan account within 4 to 6 weeks. The installers came from Direct Energy Home Services and installed the water heater. After waiting about a month and no Aeroplan miles I called to see what was happening. The Direct energy representative said that I should wait a bit longer for this offer.

I called back about a month after and got another excuse. It's been almost 8 months!!! Each time I called I got a different reason or excuse why it was taking so long for the Aeroplan miles to be applied to my account..."sometimes it takes a long time..."takes 6 months"..."just wait another couple of weeks"..."it's been applied" I have called to inquire on 5 separate occasions since the October installation of the hot water heater...it's now May 2015!!! Today a supervisor called to tell me that the offer was cancelled 6 months ago and I would not be getting the Aeroplan miles.

I told her I signed the offer prior to that and I expect them to honour the offer. The offer was 25,000 Aeroplan miles which I called to confirm BEFORE I booked the order for a new hot water tank. All along the representatives have mislead me saying we would be getting the Aeroplan miles. The first line on the letter was "Your next vacation is closer than you think."

This is a direct fraudulent advertisement and this not be allowed for any business to do.

They should honour the agreement.

I have spoken to another person who had the same issue with Direct Energy and he did receive his points after submitting a complaint to the Ombudsman and posting on here.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Direct Energy and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about water heater rental from Direct Energy was false promises and run-around , but reviewer liked idea of a cost savings. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Direct Energy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Utility category for more informed decision or compare Direct Energy to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments