I was a happy Direct Energy customer for a couple of years.I received the rate I agreed to, and thought everything was fine.

I opened up my bill this month and soon discovered that my rate went from 41 cents per ccf to 86 cents per ccf! OMG! Obviously, I called and asked for explanation. They said they had sent me a letter in December explaining that my contract was expiring.

Maybe they did send me a letter, but I don't remember. Anyway, as soon as my contract expired my rate skyrocketed, way higher than any of the rates listed on their website. I quickly cancelled the service and they told me I might have to wait 2 billing cycles. Let's hope they are telling the truth.

I might have to pay exorbitant rates for a couple of months, but at least I know I'll never have to deal with them again.Interestingly enough, when I called National Fuel they told me my new rate (when and if I ever get it switched over) would be 36 cents per ccf -- 10% lower than what I was paying DE on their contract.

Review about: Direct Energy Residential Gas Supply.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1320707
Direct Energy Verified Representative

We apologize for the confusion regarding our renewal process.We would like the opportunity to look into this matter for you.

Please reach out to us with you name, account number, and mailing/service address at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com.

Thank you and have a great day.-Rose