I found out the first time I called in and asked a question that I would be charged $30.00 for a customer service call although I couldn't get my question answered online. Then when I tried to logon to my account to ask why the system didn't recognize my account number. When I tried to re-register it wouldn't recognize my account number.

So I called customer service and in the middle of the call I got disconnected. I tried to re register again and I was successful but then when I tried to logon it didn't recognize my password (the computer had saved it) so I asked for a new password. My security question was my hometown and when I entered it, it said the system was down and try again later.

They just have too many problems and they over charge for picky things like trying to find out why your bill is enormous so they can make up for their low rates.

Review about: Direct Energy Account.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322095
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

if you signed up for a plan that you knew would charge you if you called in to customer service you should have really listened to the terms and conditions of that contract..also i have never heard of any contract that when you call in to costumer service you will be charged 30.00...

i know that there is an e-plan that if call in you can be charged 5.95 depending on the call.

there is no problem with the oam, if your computer gives you an error message than maybe it just might be your computer not letting you access the service?again read your welcome package or ask before you sign up for anything...

ONE YOU PICKD THE PLAN, SO THE ELECT FACT LABEL THAT GETS MAILD TO YOU WOULD EXPLAIN THE CHARGE, TWO ITS A CHARGE OF 5.95 BC IM ON THE SAME PLAN & IT WORKS GREAT FOR ME, I GET A LOWER RATE BC I SELF MANAGE MY ACC ON THE OAM, READ MORE CAREFUL.