After Red tagging my furnace, told me the Heat Exchanger was broken and that the part was not available for 2-3 weeks.I called another company and after their investigation on the matter was told

that it would indeed take 2+ weeks to arrive, but, it could be here in 2 days if I paid the "express fee" of $300.00.

Both of which are unacceptable to me as well as incomprehensible. How could a part take 2+ weeks to arrive from the U.S.? The "kicker" is when I got back to Direct Energy (I had to contact them even though they knew that I had no heat in -20C temperatures.) They told me the express shipping fee was $550.00. They tried to profit $250.00 on SHIPPING CHARGES.

This is ROBBERY plain and simple.

I will NEVER have anything to do with Direct Energy again.I will never by a Rheem furnace either as no one in Ottawa stocks their parts.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322063
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

im sure it was their fault that your furnace is a POS and remember you pay them to inspect and find problems. and guess what,they found one. how dare they.