Additional Fees

I was a customer for a number of years, I always paid my bill on time, Most months it was approximately the same amount, About 4 months ago I received a bill for over 480 dollars.I called to complain.

They told me they have not been charging me enough, I told them they are a dishonest company, A little more than a month later they sent me another bill for over 750 dollars. I called them to complain and they said they were not reading my meter enough, it was a correction, I called the Alberta Utilities advocacy board. They told me they would look into it. Nothing seemed to resolved, I cancelled my account with direct energy, paid my bill.A month later I got another bill, I called them .

They told me this is my last bill, Today I received another bill from Direct Energy for over 600 dollars, I called them, now they told me that was for my gas this is for my electricity, Any one who reads this do yourself a favour do not I repeat DO NOT!!!! use Direct energy as your provider, If you already have them cancel today. Dont let them rip you off like they did to me, Over 1300 dollars in a bill just because they said the couldnt do there job properly, No company in the world is more crooked or dishonest. I will tell every one I know to cancel.

will call the utulities advocacy board again, make another BBB complaint, call my MLA .They should lose there business license and not be allowed to do business in Alberta

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to "have direct energy lose there business licence" as the author lost $1300. This person is overall dissatisfied with Direct Energy. The most disappointing about direct energy residential electricity supply at Direct Energy was there dishonest, outrageous billing and th ey are the worst Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Direct Energy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Utility category for more informed decision or compare Direct Energy to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1321294
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning, we are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed.

Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

Newark, Delaware, United States #1250553

I wanted to stop doing business with Direct Energy; I got socked with a $99.00 early termination fee.This fee was paid off two months ago and Direct Energy says it was sent to the wrong address.

Why can't there be one only?I have proof on my bank statement saying it was paid, and these scalliwags need to go out of business

DirectEnergyHelp
to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #1320843
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Hello, we would also like the opportunity to assist to resolve your issue if possible also if has not already been resolved.Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, and mailing/service address.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose