We are trying to set up a new property that has never before had services and that is apparently very confusing for the direct energy customer service reps.I have spent over a week just trying to get enrolled for my electricity.

They figured out my gas fine but say the address does not exist for electrcity...that doesn't even make sents! So my three young children and me and my husband may be moving into our house with no gas or electricity. Gas is just a long wait but we could have had our electricity already but don't because of DE's lack of knowledge. I can go without gas, but not power!!

Not only that, then a supervisor named Ryan tells me it is my fault bacause I didn't use the right words, I told him he shouldn't blame his customers and he hung up on me!!

He will be getting a formal complaint.Wow, I wish companies like this would just get shut down, they are garbage!!

Review about: Direct Energy Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322097
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

Never mind their service, try their salemen! Biggest *** artists out there.

ok so with the addresses with any company its going to be the same.so when looking for the address when applying for new service, every electricity company has thru go thru "ERCOT" or Electric Reliability Council of Texas.

in the case the address is not found the best way is to contact your local TDU to get the esid or the electric service id then contact the company you are choosing. either way if not found by the company they will refer you to do this as well.

if either does not work you have to go to the city to verify if any changes with the address.if the number of your address has changed and you were giving the old address, this will cause the company to not be able to locate it..

Why don't you take a look at Ambit Energy, which originated in Texas 6 years ago. You may be surprised. Check it out jmutka.whyambitworks.com

YES!!!I have to admit I was once a satisfied customer for more than a year.

Once I attempted t add a second address the NIGHTMARE began. The customer service operators are the WORST! But to add insult to the entire company the supervisor are worst. How could this be?

One supervisor named Veronica puts the icing on the cake for rudeness. In fact she attempted to go out her way to make my miserable experience that much worst. Her and her colleagues pretend to not be able to locate my accounts, then set new service account to be set up days later. only after contacting Oncor which I must say their hiring standard is much higher.

(knowledgeable employees that pride themselves in exhibiting EXCELLENT customer service consistently notified me of the scam Direct Energy supervisors were running.

I finally got fed up after 4 days of being fed the wrong information and cancelled all 3 electricity accounts with this company and the folks I referred to them and received bonuses will also know the drama they placed upon me.It is my hope they follow my lead and inform their friends of the unprofessionalism which takes place at this company.