A DIRECT ENERGY REP CAME TO MY DOOR AND TOLD ME IF I SIGNED A CONTRACT HE WOULD LOCK ME INTO A 10.79 PER KWH RATE FOR A YEAR AND *** ED CHARGES 17.9.TERMS ARE IF I CANNCELLED WITHIN THE YEAR IT COSTS $100 AND I HAD 3 DAYS TO CANNCEL.I FIGURED WHY NOT I'M SAVING 33%?

SO I SIGNED. THIS ALL OCCURED ON 1/17 EARLY EVENING.WITHIN 5 MINUTES AFTER HE LEFT DIRECT CALLED ME TO CONFERM, THAT'S WHEN I SMELLED A RAT. I CHECHED MY PAST *** ED BILLS ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT IN THE WINTER MONTHS *** ED CHARGED FROM 6.6KKWH TO 8.7 KWH, IN THE SUMMER IT WENT UP TO 11.9. THE REP IS A LIAR!!!

I SIGNED THE CANCELATION ON THE CONTRACT AND MAILED IT THE NEXT DAY. I THEN CALLED DIRECT TO CONRIRM THE CANNCELATION. THAT TOOK 2 SAYS AND HOURS OF MY TIME.

IF YOU GET CAUGHT IN DIRECT'S SCAM (AND EVEN IF NOT) CALL YOUR POWER CO.

AND TELL THEM TO LOCK YOU INTO YOUR CURRENT TERMS UNLESS YOU CHANGE THEM PERSONELLLY.

L.C.N.Y.,N.Y.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322141
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

Columbus, Ohio, United States #604547

I appreciate you confirming that you're post is invalid.

If you can't spell basic words, I don't believe I can trust your opinion.

Direct Energy is a ripoff. They enroll you with the promise of lower rates than your current provider and the bills comes higher.

Don't fall for their scam. 20% to 30% higher times 6 million subscribers you do the math.

Thank you for sharing your unfortunate experiences with Direct Energy. You are not alone. Last year, our law firm commenced a similar consumer fraud class action in federal court in New York against Energy Plus regarding is alleged unfair and deceptive business practices, and to date, the claims in that lawsuit were sustained by the federal judge presiding over the action. If you would like to discuss your legal options, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Greg Blankinship

Meiselman, Denlea, Packman, Carton & Eberz, P.C.

1311 Mamaroneck Avenue

White Plains, NY 10605

914-517-5000

gblankinship@mdpcelaw.com

To ensure compliance with applicable rules of professional conduct, please note that this reply might be construed as Attorney Advertising. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Business's are in business for the sake of doing business.

If you are going to be an informed consumer, you need to take responsibility and ownership of the decisions and situations you get involved in. Direct Energy is a very transparent company that like any company has many facets of how they generate their business and how they maintain business.

If something changes in the company's policies and procedures, it is their duty to reach out to the consumer and inform them. At the same time, it is your job as the consumer to use your powers of observation. When it comes to a bill, it is the oldest excuse in the book for someone to say, I never received it or I never received a notice or Nobody told me about this. Thats the biggest crock of nonsense ever.

If you are involved with a company, you need to make it your routine to constantly be up to date on their offers and procedures/policies. If you are not, you are lazy and irresponsible. Almost everyone on this page is having a pity party for themselves because you either don't like change or you think that your soooo special that Direct Energy needs to do everything they can to get a hold of you to tell you something has changed, maybe both. How ignorant and childish can you be. Instead of complaining about what you don't like, find solutions to help yourself prevent that negative experience from happening again.

Customer service and positive responses from the public aren't about you...