I had the opportunity to witness one of the rudest encounters and sales calls from 2 Direct Energy reps. They walked into an establishment here in town essentially demanding a copy of their bills. When the owners said they were not interested in leaving their current provider, the DE reps rudely told the owner that he couldn't believe he wouldnt show him the bills and that they needed to give them a quote. When the business owner politely asked them to leave, they got up and stormed out.

Being in sales personally, I was disgusted by the actions of these sales people. It is very obvious Direct Energy is not invested in our community, they just want to sign up everyone they can (in the rudest fashion possible) and move on to the next one. In the industry, we call this "love em & leave em," but apparently they missed the memo on the "love em" part.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322127
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

I received a phone call from a Direct Energy Rep asking to speak to the person on the bill, which is my father (who is bedridden and my mother who has Dementia, I explained that I handle their finances, he went on to say that he needs to speak to the person on the bill, and he also asked if Nicor/comed was aware that I handle their expenses, when I said no he said again that I answered incorrectly and he cant/won't speak to me. All I tried to tell him is that I will try to discuss it with my Mother who sas somwhat of an understanding, but he wouldn't even let me get a word in edgewise, he was very rude and condesending towards me. :(

I DIDN'T HAVE A BILL DEMAND, BUT THE LATEST DIRECT ENERGY SALESPERSON RANG MY FRONT DOOR REPEATEDLY, DESPITE A NO SOLICITING OR TRESPASSING SIGN AND THEN WHEN I DIDN'T ANSWER LOOKED THROUGH MY WINDOW AND AGGRESSIVELY MOTIONED FOR ME TO COME TO THE DOOR.WHEN I WENT TO THE DOOR AND TOLD HIM TO LEAVE AS MY SIGN SAYS NO SOLICITING HE GOT RUDE AND ARGUED WITH ME SAYING "HE HAS A LICENCE TO DO THIS" AMONG OTHER COMMENTS.

I TOLD HIM TO LEAVE OR I WOULD CALL THE POLICE AND REPORT HIM AS A PEEPING TOM AND FOR TRESPASSING. THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO CONTROL THESE PEOPLE. ABOUT EVERY 6 MONTHS I GET A UTILITY COMPANY SALESPERSON THAT IS JUST TOO RUDE FOR WORDS AND IGNORES MY NO TRESPASSING NO SOLICITING SIGN. THERE IS NO NUMBER TO REPORT THEM TO AT ANY OF THE COMPANIES.

ALL UTILITY COMPANIES NEED TO BE MADE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEIR PERSONNEL.

I'M SICK OF ALL OF THEM!!!:(

they only submitted half of what i wrote and I am not from St Petersburg Florida.

You can't even count on them to submit what you write.

PROTECTING MY PRIVACY.

I recieved a letter from DE about how they want to make valuable, cost saving offers available to me by allowing their select partners to send me there offers. So now I have to write a letter and mail it within 30 days ot they will give my individual confidential information to some third party partners and affiliates.

What a bunch of ***. Why not make the people who want the *** sent to them put it in writing giving permission to release their info to junk mailers.

The system is bassackwards and shouldn't make us write fricken letter's. It should be an automatic NO unless someone ask for it.

How many people can you think of that want more junk mail and BS offers sent to them? Seems everyone I know is fed up with all the *** we already get let alone getting more.

Why not do the reverse? beacuse they know they will catch many who don't read the other junk and will only look at the bill, thus getting to send more junk and releasing your personal info based on the premise that you must want it since you didn't write us and tell us you didn't want it.

Leave us alone we don't want our personal information released to you partnes and affiliates so you can drowned us with more ***. Idiots

I am sorry for both of your experiences, but it is my hope that not every business owner will lump every sales rep they encounter with D.E.as a whole.

D.E. is the largest energy supplier in North America, and a few bad eggs are bound to appear.

B2B, and residential sales are very difficult occupations, and due to the high turnover rate the # of quality employees is limited.once again I am very sorry for the bad experiences.

tomorrow will be a wonderful day!

I just had a similar experience.2 reps barged in my office demanding a copy of my bill, stating that ComEd was overbilling me & they they were going to get my charges reduced.

They were unbeleivelably rude & trying to use scare tactics, I flatly refused to give them a copy of my bill. I asked for ID which they refused to produce. I told them more than once to leave immediately. They said they will be back tomorrow & I should have a copy of my bill ready.

I since called ComEd & the ICC & filed a formal complaint.

I will be sure to tell them that they have been reported if they decide to show their faces here tomorrow.Still cannot beleive the audacity & how pushy they were.......ggrrrrrr!!!