My company is Barrie Furnace Repair (http://barriefurnace.com). The following video explains it all:

Direct Energy fails again! After noticing that my web traffic was down and having received some odd phone calls about a $179 flat rate repair scam, I discovered something even more underhanded. Apparently, Texas based Direct Energy is using my business name to drum up local customers in my service area through Google and SEO techniques. How embarrassing for them.

The first line of their webpage reads "Why not trust a Barrie company with your furnace repair that offers a 24 hour call centre to handle any furnace emergency?". It seems innocuous at first until you realize where your calls are being directed. This fail comes into epic status as the accent of the woman gives it away. Upon further research, I discovered that Direct Energy is in the process if outsourcing many Canadian jobs outside our country. Many of these jobs found their way to the new HQ in Houston Texas. I agree as is said on the webpage, "trust a Barrie company". Sadly, 500 out of work Canadians whom are former Direct Energy employees would also agree.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322067
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose