I had called the company simply to to inquire about rates, etc.In order for me to get all the information needed I had to "sign up" but was given a three day grace period in which to withdraw.

I was given an excellent rate, but when I called my current provider, I was asked if the TDU delivery charge was included. The representative went over my current account and explained how the cost per kwh is much less if you do use the TDU figure. When I called Direct Energy back, I was told it did not include the TDU and they did not have the cost per kwh with that figure. After "sleeping on it" and reviewing complaints, I called the next day to cancel services.

The representative appeared not to know what to do and placed me on hold. After 20 minutes, I hung up and called back. This time the representative cancelled my services which were to begin on June 18. She was courteous, but made no attempt to apologize.

If this happens to you, make sure you get the cancellation number.The first rep I talked with said this was not necessary and my name would "just drop off because I had not made a payment."

Review about: Direct Energy Account.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322010
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose