Additional Fees

We were Direct Energy customers for years. About two years ago, our town switched us from a box address to a physical address.

We called Direct Energy immediately and updated our mailing address. But nope, no bills. Being diligent, we continued to make automatic payments and contacted the company numerous times and told them to update our address, again and again - never to see a single bill. Each time we called, we squared up our account (either being told there was a credit or paying off the remainder).

The problem was, we still weren't receiving bills. Finally one day, we apparently lowballed our automatic payment and they disconnected us. No calls, no notice, nothing. That was the last straw.

Called and paid my last bill and then, only then, when I cancelled my service with them, did they get my address right. It took TWO YEARS and our basic information (name/dob) is still wrong. Problem being the $281 and $25 reconnection fee! I called the customer service and they keep saying they "understand" but the "fee is valid." I'm beyond frustrated with this call center.

They don't understand. They don't care and they can't get any information correct. To top it all off, they say they have no record of me contacting them to change my address which is utter BS, because I finally got ALL of my bills (since I requested them) and the correct address and postal code is on the bottom. But they were STILL sending everything to an address we told them didn't exist anymore.

This company has offered nothing in the way of customer support or service and still can't even get the spelling of our names right! And to top it all off, I have to pay two reconnection fees due to their inability to get an invoice right?

Come on! Get it together!

Product or Service Mentioned: Direct Energy Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Nov 27, 2017.

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Sorry to hear you had this kind of experience. This is not the kind of experience we want anyone to have with us.

We would like to review this further with you in hopes of getting this resolved as soon as possible.

Please send us an email to dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your account number, full address, phone number and full name on file. Thank you, - Cole