I am disabled and on disability and you raised my electric to 3 times what I normally pay! i am on a fixed income and that's why i agreed to the fixed rate of.05 and even signed up for it when it was time to renew and then you say it won't be in effect for 2-3 months?

I am very disappointed and i hope and pray you will fix this asap! now i face shut off notices and i will sue if that happens! NYSEG # 10015039216 kathryn meyer. this needs to stop!

i called and you said there was nothing you can do? why is that?

how do i file a class action lawsuit? i have many friends i will find a way to stop you from doing this to poor disabled people!

Product or Service Mentioned: Direct Energy Electricity Supply.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: It was ok til now.

I didn't like: I used to like you.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from May 01.

Comments

RebelCoati

We are in the same situation my husband is on social security disability and they have been messing with him ever since shut us off twice now and take their sweet time turning us back on when we are up to date and we have two small children in the home one of which has asthma! They are the least helpful people ever I work with the electric company and they are amazing we never have an issue!

ElectricQuokka

I might like to get in on that lawsuit with you!! I moved into my new home at the 1st of October and got new service with Direct Energy.

I have an acct number and when I call them my number is linked to my acct and says I have a ZERO balance!!! This past Tuesday my electricty was shut off at 7am!!?? I called them and ot pulled my acct up and said you have a zero balance!? I have a 2 yr old and my daughter has online school.

Direct Energy said THEY NEVER sent the request to Oncor!!??? So I had to go online and fill out THEIR NOS form E-sign it and send it back along with a signed and notorized affidavit from my landlord stating I LIVE HERE!! They locked our meter and now they are saying they wont accept an e-signature on THEIR FORM!!??? This is SUNDAY and we still do NOT have ELECTRICITY!!!

It ruined ALL of our food. Ive missed 2 days of work messing with them!! There seems to be NO resolution!!

This was NOT MY FAULT!!! Evidently it was from the previous tenant!!!

DirectEnergyHelp
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Hi, Kathryn. We certainly understand how upsetting it can be to receive higher bills and would be happy to review the account with you to see how we may help.

For assistance, please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with the utility account number, telephone number, and full service address.

Thank you. -Paige

SpiritedDog
to DirectEnergyHelp #1494401

this is what they say to everyone. no help at all and the email is misspelled , on purpose?!

to DirectEnergyHelp #1588956

Yeah right you people are pathetic and should be investigated. I will not stop until my elected officials see a committee formed to investigate this bs.

You people are careless , reckless and indifferent in your actions and they are in my opinion criminal. ANYONE reading these posts I urge you to push for an investigation in Direct Energy and its practice. I offer my full assistance if needed..My cell phone number (BET YOU CANT TURN THAT OFF) is 903 624 2176.

My name is Jonathan Cain. Class action litigation is needed badly here.

RebelCoati
to Jonathan Cain #1596308

I agree I want to see a lawsuit and will join you!! They are complete crooks shut us off on a holiday and claimed they don’t recognize the holiday but yet it’s a federal holiday!!

The hospitals done recognize holidays either but you still have to do your job the right way!!!! Ugh they are awful people!