Direct Energy used to be Vectren.I was with Vectren.

They only changed names in running their business. I signed up by phone on 5/02/12 to have Vectren/Direct Energy be my natural gas supplier at a special rate for 6 months of $3.99/mcf. First of all my previous rate was $5.51/mcf. Direct energy never sent a letter to Dominion East Ohio until 6/5/12 notifying them that I had a new contract with them.

As a result I paid $5.51/mcf till my July 2012 bill. My complaint only got an answer of "we have two billing cycles by law to make the change.".... No letter came to my home in December 2012 informing me that my 6 month contract was expiring. As a result DE charged me $7.99/mcf on my Jan.2013 bill contending that my notification letter must have been lost plus they contend that the variable rate (Henry Hub Natural gas futures)as listed by the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange) for the billing cycle is what my rate is based on.

I believe that they have a scam going. I went on the WWW.PUCO.ohio.gov site and found none of the supplier companies with a variable rate of $7.99/mcf.

In fact DE has a fixed rate of $5.99/mcf only on that site.There is no posted DE info of current variable rates.

Had an Experience with Direct Energy?

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1322058
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose