Additional Fees

I never signed up for direct energy, but I used to work for a consulting company that did the door to door soliciting for them. They trained us to lie to the customers and make them feel like they need to sign up for the fixed rate.

However, after looking at a lot of customers bills, Direct Energy wants to fix the rates at usually double at what the customers are already paying. I would never sign up for this personally because you are locking your self in for 18-22 months in a contract that has a $99 cancellation fee.

It isn't worth it to sign up for this service. I suggest keeping your SCO variable rate.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Direct Energy Verified Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, however we really want to investigate this further. Could you please provide us more information about the company that you worked for and the training practices?

This is not the type of training that we provide to our Door to Door sales vendors, and if that type of training is taking place, we need to know immediately. We strive for excellent customer service and competitive pricing that add value to our customers, and if we have agents that are being trained to deceit potential customers we need to investigate that fully.

We would appreciate it if you could send us an email to dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with as much information as you can provide to us. Thank you - Jane