Direct Energy is charging me 3x the going rate in my area. Since purchasing my home in 1997 I was always careful to keep my account with our local energy company.

I don't buy into un-regulated energy markets (California Enron Fiasco). Today I learned I've been a Direct Energy customer since 2008 and that I signed up through an "outbound telemarketing" company. Also learned today that I didn't respond to my renewal letter when it came (when ever that was), Direct Energy put me on a variable rate account. Who knows how long I've been paying what ever direct Direct Energy feels like charging me because I would have thrown away the renewal letter as junk mail because there is no way I would sign up.

When I didn't answer my "renewal notice" (because i didn't sign up) I was placed on a variable rate. Direct Energy acts in bad faith

Review about: Direct Energy Account.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Direct Energy Verified Representative

We would like to take a look into the concerns you mentioned. Please email us your account number and address to dedigitalcare@directenergy.com so we can speak with you regarding this. Thank you, - Cole