My experience with this company was awful. They charge me without my consent for two months maintenance fee and when I called them to cancel this plan, they told me that they are going to charge me a cancellation fee.

My first year maintenance was free, but nobody showed up to do that maintenance.

These people must be investigated by the government. It is really unacceptable to have this kind of scam without legal intervention.

In October 2012 one of their representative suggested to get a new high efficiency furnace and air conditioning. and I will notice a big difference in my utilities bill and my gas bill. But I noticed in increase in both bills instead of decrease and my old furnace was working better than this new one

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1321950
Direct Energy Verified Representative

Good Morning!We are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy.

We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed. Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.-Rose

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #781592

Look, I work there.We try repeatedly to contact people to book maintenance appointments.

Usually people hang up on us, thinking we are selling. Hey, if you hang up, refuse to give us an email, or a call, how are we supposed to book an appointment?

Second,it costs us at least $75 to complete a service call. If you had it down, and then tried to cancel, the company would be out at least $60.

So, we put people on a monthly program amoratized over a year.

It spreads the cost, but to be affordable, it is a yearly term, not two months.Complain to HVAC guys who make $35/hr+ instead!